Function of Organization: Planned Parenthood of Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota is a non-profit organization that provides reproductive health care to tens of thousands of women, men, teens and families each year. Planned Parenthood of Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota is an affiliate of the Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) and believes that everyone should have access to quality medical care at an affordable cost. Planned Parenthood’s medical services are complemented by educational programs and advocacy for family planning and reproductive rights.
Function of Public Affairs: The Public Affairs department at Planned Parenthood of Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota works to educate our supporters and policy makers around reproductive health care and rights.
General Description: Planned Parenthood’s Summer Grassroots Outreach Team plays an integral role in the organization’s grassroots advocacy efforts, as the go-to team of volunteers to help educate and engage the public around both our services and political work in the South/Southwest suburbs.
- Hit the streets to spread the word about reproductive health and advocacy issues
- Promote our services and clinics at local events
- Table at local community events to reach new supporters
- Write letters to the editor about reproductive health or justice
- Hit the phones to engage community around reproductive health and justice advocacy
- Recruit supporters to take action or attend an event
- Commitment to Planned Parenthood’s mission
- Interest in reproductive health and advocacy
- Good interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work well in teams
- Willingness to engage community members in various topics
- Willingness to take on new and different tasks
- Ability to commit to at least two events or actions per month
Hours: Flexible. Evening, daytime, and weekend shifts available
Location: Fargo, Bismarck, Grand Forks, Minot
Contact: North Dakota Manager of Advocacy and Development Amy Jacobson at firstname.lastname@example.org