North Dakota Grassroots Organizer (part-time) – Fargo
At Planned Parenthood Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota (PPMNS), we believe all people deserve the right, the freedom and the opportunity to follow their personal ambitions and choose their own path toward a healthier, more meaningful life. That’s why we protect, promote and provide comprehensive and progressive sexual and reproductive health care for generations of young women, men and families with empathy, care and respect. We are looking for passionate, dedicated staff who are eager to make positive contributions to their community and to the Planned Parenthood mission.
Under the direct supervision of the North Dakota Manger of Advocacy and Development the North Dakota Grassroots Organizer will build support for the organization throughout North Dakota by carrying out campus and public outreach, grassroots organizing and online communications. The position will also assist with administrative tasks, attending coalition partner meetings, and planning of the annual fall event: Progress on the Prairie. The Grassroots Organizer is an advocate in implementing our mission of “Affirming the human right to reproductive health and freedom.”
This is a part-time position. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Recruit and activate new and existing supporters to participate in Planned Parenthood sponsored events including rallies, house parties, phone banking, and canvassing
- Serve as organizational point person for Campus organizing and local small scale events
- Create new content for the website and social media channels
- Work with ND team to create a statewide house party plan to engage new and continuing supporters, implement programming and events targeting young professionals and college age supporter, and implement a strong GOTV plan
- Legislative assistance during the state legislative session
- Event assistance for Fundraising events
- Lead North Dakota’s participation in data and communication tools like the VAN and Convio
Administrative Support to PPMNS Public Affairs Department:
- Compile and submit volunteer hours quarterly
- Upload and maintain data entry (new supporters/members) and database management
- Scribe minutes on the NDAC meetings and Campus meetings
Planned Parenthood Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota supports women and men of all ages in making responsible choices and planning their futures.
We are an organization committed to creating and fostering an environment that leads to engaged employees, and we believe engaged employees results in satisfied customers and exceptional experiences. Our employees are guided by our commitments to assume the best from each other, ensure a safe environment by communicating respectfully with others, focus on solutions, and work together to solve problems. We treat each customer/patient as a unique individual, communicating in a way that is relevant to their needs and striving to exceed their expectations consistently. Together we create a culture of trust, respect, and integrity for each other and our customers/patients.
When you work for Planned Parenthood you make a difference in the lives of those we serve by affirming the human right to reproductive health and freedom.
Planned Parenthood is committed to hiring and fostering a diverse and inclusive workforce that leverages the skills and talents of all employees in our organization, regardless of race, gender, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, religion, sexual orientation, size, physical ability or socioeconomic status. We encourage diverse candidates to apply for this position. AA/EEO